Thursday, March 10, 2011

I SEE GRASS!!!!!!




We're finally starting to see some turf as the rain melts the snow.  From what I have seen so far, we have come through the winter pretty clean on all areas treated with snow mold fungicide.  I was a pretty nervous on how much snow mold fungus we were going to have this spring after losing our traditional funicide to the EPA last fall and, by necessity, using a new combination to get us through to April.  From what I have seen to this point, I am cautiously encouraged that we came through very well, maybe even better than in the past if the rest of the course looks like the portions I can see now.

I expect to much more bare ground by this afternoon and hope to make it out for a quick sloshy inspection tour.  Don't get too excited, though, by tomorrow afternoon we'll be back under 2-4" of snow again.  Let's hope for no more than that.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment