Wednesday, February 29, 2012

GCSAA Green Industry Show

Finished day 2 of the 2012 GCSAA Conference education seminars.

Yesterday I took a great full day class on Physiology and Culture of Annual Bluegrass taught by Dr. Turgeon from Penn State and Dr. Vargas of Michigan State. Some of it was a reminder of what I learned in college, some of it was all new to me with some great ideas for this summer, and some was a complete 180 from what we were taught 20 years ago.

This morning was a nice seminar on Watershed Resource Management. Got some nice ideas for doing our part for the Chautauqua Lake Watershed.

This afternoon's sessions consisted of communication topics including photography and video, writing, media relations, and public relations. Good sessions.

Tomorrow and Thursday is the GIS Trade Show. I love seeing the new technology and products at the show every year. I will also be attending a few half hour seminars on the trade show floor covering golf purse related uses for the iPad and smartphones.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment