Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March 12 Update




Last year we were only 4 days away from our first mowing of the season. We lost a lot of snow this past weekend but, looking at the 10 day forecast, we're still a long way from mowing at this point. Temps will be in the 30's for the foreseeable future.

After a short, wet walk out there today I'm happy with what I'm seeing. We seem to have come through winter fairly well, with little snow mold from what I can see. There is always some concern after a thaw/freeze cycle like are experiencing, that we may have ice damage to our fine turf areas when it freezes back up. We have never had an issue in the past, but the potential for turf loss is always there.




One of the few melted greens is the practice green nearest the pond. The turf looks great at this point and I'm anxious to get started on the 2013 season. We'll keep you posted on our progress next week.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment